NaMo NaMo

Namo Event

Friday 28 March 2014

Modi is India’s last best chance


Shefali Vaidya19 Mar 2014

BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi

I was five, when I entered a voting booth for the first time. “You wait here”, Papa said as he let go of my hand gently to disappear behind a screen.

“Let her go with you. She needs to know about elections too”, smiled the polling officer. I ran behind the screen to watch my father carefully ink the symbol of his choice, fold the paper into precise origami folds and drop it inside the box.

Later, on our way back home, Papa explained the whole electoral process to me. Why and how elections are held? What is the need for campaigning and why every person should vote? I couldn’t wait to turn eighteen and cast my vote for the first time.

Since I have turned eighteen, I have never missed out on voting. Every single time I moved, I took the effort to register my name in the electoral rolls, just so I could vote. But voting was the extent of my political involvement.

I have never felt the need to get myself involved politically before. But this time, I feel the compelling need to act. If I don’t speak up now, I will never be able to forgive myself.

2014 Lok Sabha election will be watershed election in the history of India. If the Congress returns to power, we might as well say good-bye to any chance the country has of a decent future. It will be another five years of scams after scams, blatant minority appeasement, a non-performing robot as PM, the Queen with the caricatured heir quietly laughing behind the scenes, the devious son-in-law grabbing a few more square kilometres of farmland, a few fleshy inches added to the Agriculture Minister’s  paunch even as farmers continue to kill themselves in Maharashtra and an incompetent Home Minister attending music launches and movie premieres even as yet another Indian city is attacked by terrorists from across the border.

False idealism no longer moves India, Modi’s practical vision does

Then there is the ‘Third front’, a rag-tag bunch of jokers those who have nothing ‘right’ about them and nothing ‘left’ in them either. If we get a fractured mandate, be prepared to be governed by these idiots like the permanently shrieking Bangali Banshee, the odious Bag wali Behenji, Ishrat ke Abbajaan, Bhains-e-Azam, Skull Cap Junior and Senior. The mere thought makes my skin crawl!
And then there is His Honesty Saint Topival, illegitimate offspring of the unholy union between the Congress and the Media. The only agenda that the AAP seems to have is ‘LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, PAY ME SOME ATTENTION’!

Do we really deserve to be ruled by these self-seekers?

India needs stability, governance and a sensible leader who has a proven track record. India needs a clear mandate. India needs Modi. Will team Modi solve all our problems at the touch of a Magic wand? No. However, Modi is clearly the best option that we have today and he deserves a chance.
India deserves a chance.

Modi-led BJP Government will boost economy, says Moody’s

What do you want? Good governance or scams, stability or anarchy, a Government that actually delivers or mere publicity stunts.

Choose, and choose wisely!

Modi is India’s last best chance

Source:  http://www.niticentral.com/2014/03/19/modi-is-indias-last-best-chance-201222.html

No comments:

Post a Comment